Seasonal Position for Summer Season
- Position responsible for ensuring the safety for all park patrons by surveillance, as well as preventing and responding to emergencies on land or in water.
- Must be ready to work as part of a team.
- Perform cleaning of work area, areas of park, restrooms and parking lot. NO EXEMPTIONS
- Must have strong comprehensive and communications skills.
- Must be able to stand, walk and work for long periods of time and in extrme weather conditions. .(i.e. thunderstorms, rain, high temperatures, humidity)
- Must be willing to work the entire season with a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to obtain a Jeff Ellis & Associates Shallow water Lifeguard and CPR certification and license.
- Must be successful in passing Splashtown, San Antonio Shallow water lifeguard swim test.
- Must be able to swim 100 yards without stopping.
- Must be able to tread water for 2 minutes.
- Must be able to retrieve a 10 pound object from the depth of 4ft.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multi-task while maintaining a positive attitude to ensure excellent guest service
- Must be able to complete all legal, company, department training and certifications required for employment by specified time
- No new tattoos during the season. Long/ excessive hair must be neatly tied back. No facial hair for men unless already established prior to employment. No excessive or vulgar tattoos. No excessive piercings. (All subject to approval by management).
Team Member Responsibilities
- Maintain patron surveillance on water attractions. Maintain slide dispatch on assigned position.
- Prevent and respond to guest emergencies.
- Maintain the ability to pass a Splashtown, San Antonio swim test throughout the season.
- Maintain acceptable level of proficiency of park knowledge, water rescue, CPR and First Aid skills.
- Maintain cleanliness and quality of all park facilities.
- Consistently practice safe work habits including, but not limited to use of personal protective equipment.
- Must work as a team to increase productivity and excellent guest services
- Maintain a professional appearance that meets all Splashtown dress code standards.
- Maintain surrounding area throughout the facility, to include, sweeping, changing trash liners any other miscellaneous duties.
- Be proactive in maintaining honesty, integrity, loyalty and respect for others and Splashtown San Antonio.
- Seasonal position: Employment: April through September